Frequently Asked Questions
Table of Contents
- TN5250 TLS session to as/400 works on Windows 7, but fails with Windows 10
- TN5250 screen looks as garbage
- How do I receive the invoice?
- Can mocha tn5250/tn3270 for windows 7/8/10 use different colors for sessions
- No Internet access can cause slow .NET program load on Windows?
- If I purchase XXX for my Android device at Google Play, will I be able to install the same app again?
- If I purchase XXX for my Iphone, will I be able to install the same app on my itouch or ipad?
- If I purchase XXX for Tablet at Microsoft Windows store, can I install on another device?
- Re-installing already purchased apps for Windows Phone 8
- How to type keys missing from a PC keyboard
- Is it safe to download .exe files
- Can a license key for mocha w32 tn5250/tn3270 be used with the Windows 7/Vista products
- Mocha Activex ... and Google toolbar v 4, gives F12 problem
- Mocha TN5250 for Mac OS X makes a crash if you delete font Times.dfont
- Where is the configuration stored for Mocha TN5250 for Mac OS X
- Upgrade to IIS 6.0 (Microsoft Web Server), gives missing keyboard/EBCDIC files
- Function keys don't work in the Mocha TN5250 for Mac OS X application
- The AS/400 drops connection to TN5250
- Field separator value in Mocha W32 TN5250. .... or space
- TN5250 with SSL gives ONLINE-SSL but no session after some time
- Left ctrl key does not work
- Numlock Del key sends a . or ,
- Can I install new fonts for the Mocha W16/32 Terminal Emulators
- Write screen to a file
- Is there a mailing list for MochaSoft products
- What is your TIN Number
- Can I fax my credit card information to MochaSoft
- Can I contact MochaSoft via phone
- Can we receive a paper invoice before sending a check
The configuration is as default stored in a file user.config at the users private folders.
After installation, use menu - tools - configuration to import/export the users configuration file.
You can run tn5250.exe or tn3270.exe with the configuration file as a parameter. See the help system for possible parameters.
Using different user.config files, will allow you to have different colors
The new Google toolbar version 4.0 uses F12 as a hot key, and the activex object will never get the key event. Either use Google toolbar version 3, remove the Google toolbar, or assign F12 function to another key in our product, as a work around solution.
In Google tool bar v 5, F3 is taken for a find function.
If the font used in our Dialog/menu is deleted or replaced with a bogus font, our tn5250 program will make a crash.
The font must not be removed from /System/Library/Fonts/Times.dfont
Find the file using Finder - Go - Home - Library - Preferences - dk.mochasoft.tn5250.plist
On Lion the Library folder may be hidden. When you press Go also hold down ALT key and the hidden folder will be listed.
To delete the configuration file (tn5250 installed from this site), it is recommended from the terminal to run command
defaults delete dk.mochasoft.tn5250
To delete the configuration file for the lite version from App Store, run
defaults delete dk.mochasoft.tn5250applite
To delete the configuration file for the paid version from App Store, run
defaults delete dk.mochasoft.tn5250app
If it is a program downloaded from Apple App Store, the sandbox data and configuration is in - Go - Home - Library - Containers.
TN5250 uses the SSL/TLS layer in the Windows OS. If your as/400 is configured to use a SSL/TLS cipher the Windows 10 OS does not include, it will fail.
If using a self signed certificate on the AS/400 with key length 512 and/or certificate is not using MD5 , the Windows 10 OS (and from Java SDK 6u17 if using a tn5250 java client) may reject the request.
If the TN5250 screen looks as:
- The device name field for the configuration is not valid, such as has space characters. Make sure the field is 100% empty or has a valid device name.
- User press the keyboard at session start, and interrupt the terminal negotiation.
- The AS/400 rejects the terminal type.
Microsoft has made a strange change in the Web server, which will stop the server from downloading files of unknown types. We must see this as a bug, and can notice Microsoft has released this page:
In Mac OS X 10.7.x - 10.11.x select use f1,f2... as standard keys in System Preferences - keyboard
In Mac OS X 10.6.x , make sure Exposé has not reserved the keys for use. Select System preferences - Exposé and select '-' or a key combination not used with TN5250. See screen example below:
In Mac OS X v.10.3, the F9, F10, and F11 function keys are reserved for use by Exposé, a feature that tiles open windows and reveals files on the desktop. Therefore, these function keys don't work as expected in other applications.
Reassign the keyboard shortcuts in the Exposé System Preferences (Select Apple menu icon - system preferences - personal - exposé) so that the F9, F10 and F11 keys will work as intended in other applications.
We can recommend in the Apple menu icon - system preferences - (hardware section) "keyboard and mouse" -
off  use F1 - F12 for custom actions
section: keyboard shortcuts
on [x] turn on full keyboard access
Apple has changed the keyboard and mouse dialog, and in 10.4, you should enable
on [x] Use all F1 , F2, Etc keys as standard function keys.
If Exposé is used, it is possible to use double keys to get 5250 functions. As an example to issue a F9 function on the 5250 screen, press either fn + f9 or ctrl + f9
The Mochasoft products includes no timeout function. It must be a network or AS/400 problem. We have received reports on 2 issues on the AS/400.
If is is a network problem , in some cases it will help to enable the keep alive function in our MochaSoft product.
- - On AS/400 OS V4R4M0 there is an IBM PTF MF23060, which could solve the problem.
- - Disabled the Keep Alive function at the AS400 end.
Before Version 6.0, blank fields with the Field Separator option enabled would be shown as ......
As many customers could not accept this, the Field Separator value was in version 6.0 changed from a dot to a space. It is possible to define the field Separator value in mocha w32 tn5250:
a) In mocha w32 tn5250, Select menu - settings - EBCDIC translation. A dialog box is shown.
b) in the left box click on "separator" (second element from the top)
c) upper right box shows the current value. (0x20 is space).
d) in lower right box select (2 * click it) a new value. Maybe 0xb7
e) verify upper right box shows the new value
f) select save to file
The AS/400 often will not release the connection on a particular TCP/IP port when ended (especially abnormally when a user clicks the (X) box instead of signing off). Run netstat *CNN, and check if all the SSL ports are full.
and end all the affected ports. Maybe check with IBM for a PTF
The TN5250 emulator uses as default ctrl c and ctrl v as copy/paste. If left ctrl must be used as RESET, select menu - edit and click off "ctrl+c and ctrl+v"
It looks as national keyboards have printed either a . or a , on the Del key. Also the scan codes have been seen in different variations around the world. In the Mochasoft product, it is possible to select menu - settings - keyboard layout, which contain a check box:
Numlock Del key swap between . and ,
The terminal emulators will only use fonts included with the windows Operative System. It is possible to install extra fonts. We can recommend:
or try a free font called Anonymous at Mark Simonson Studio
Notice a terminal emulator can only use non proportional fonts (same width for all characters).
To save a screen copy to a file, either use the clipboard or , you must install a Generic Text Only printer and then redirect the screen to this printer:
a) In the Windows OS, Click Start, point to Settings, click Printers, double-click Add Printer Wizard, and then follow the steps to install a local "Generic/Text Only" printer.
b) In the mocha terminal emulator, click the print icon, select the Generic printer, and select option - Print to file
No, not at the moment
MochaSoft is a Danish company and pay Tax in Denmark, and should not have a US Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). Please do not send us yet another W-9/W-8 forms. We could keep a cow alive with these forms for the next year.
Our Danish VAT # is DK25442113
Mochasoft can only receive credit card orders via Avangate. See our buy section for details.
As to keep cost (and interrupts) to a minimum, we cannot supply technical support via phone or fax.
Yes, - see section Order with a purchase order
Avangate myAccount in the Order History section.
If you are ordering on behalf of a company, the invoice will be sent automatically to the billing email address provided during ordering.
When you access Avangate myAccount for the first time, go to "Forgot your password?" link and enter your email address that you have used to order.
If I purchase XXX for my Android device at Google Play, will I be able to install the same app again?Your application purchases are tied to your Google Account and can be installed an unlimited amount of times on any device. So, for example, if you remove 'My Favorite Game' to save memory, you can reinstall it at a later date with no charge by simply visiting My Apps. Note: free applications are not saved to My Apps after you remove them. See also Google play - how to
wpcentral - how to
ITUNES STORE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Apple also have a Volume Purchase Program for business.
This occurs with programs that are digitally signed. (Microsoft recommends that all programs be digitally signed.) The .NET Framework attempts to verify the digital signature. One of the operations it performs is to see if the digital certificate has been revoked. If the computer cannot access the Internet, a 30 second to 1 minute delay may be encountered.
To work around this issue on a per-machine basis, Microsoft recommends disabling CRL checking by changing a setting in Internet Explorer. Use the following steps to disable the CRL checking in Internet Explorer:
- Select Start » Control Panel.
- Double-click Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, uncheck the Check for publisher's certificate revocation option.
By disabling the CRL checking using the Internet Options, you are not exposing yourself to a higher security threat, than before, because this check is not working. The reason why this problem occurs is because your network settings are not allowing Windows to access the CRL.
Hold down left ALT, type the key number (use the the Keypad, not the main keyboard , have NumLock enabled) shown in the table below, release the ALT key
In mocha tn5250/tn3270 for windows 7, menu - tools - keyboard layout, click on PC key in the list, [x] data string, it is possible to assign a key to a character from the list below
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 MochaSoft Aps. All Rights Reserved.